High on a hill in the Port Tobacco Valley lies a lifestyle set apart from the world by prayer, work and a continuous desire to give glory to God. Mount Carmel Monastery of Port Tobacco is home to the cloistered Discalced Carmelite nuns who originally settled on this land in 1790. In 1935, The Restorers of Mount Carmel was established for the purpose of restoring and preserving the site of the first convent of religious women in the 13 original colonies.
For more than 75 years, the Restorers have continued their dedication to Mount Carmel and the Carmelite nuns through their spiritual, physical and financial support. LEARN MORE »
© 2013 The Restorers of Mount Carmel in Maryland, Inc. | 5678 Mount Carmel Road, La Plata, MD 20646
This website's purpose is to provide a historical resource to the general public. Data, photos, etc. have been gleaned from both private and public sources. Material from private sources is copy righted and may not be used without the written consent of the owner.
SAVE THE DATE
Saturday, June 1, 2017 @ 5:30
Sacred Heart Church Friendship Room
La Plata, MD
Annual Italian Dinner & Horse Race
Watch for details in the April Newsletter!